Weston College offers a range of free online courses that provide a range of benefits for individuals and employers.
Our digital courses are designed for learners who are unable to study full-time or commit to rigid timetables.
You get all the benefits of a ‘regular’ college course but can learn at your own pace, around other commitments and in the comfort of your own home.
This means you can study when it’s convenient, which is ideal if you work full-time, have irregular shift patterns or face other pressures that make getting to college difficult.
Each course can take up to 20 weeks to complete, but sooner if you spend 3-4 hours per week studying.
As with any course, you’ll be assigned a personal tutor, who you can contact online or meet face-to-face when it’s convenient to you. You’ll also receive your course materials, lesson content and assignments through our easy-to-use online training platform.
Plus, our courses are free if you meet the eligibility criteria and it couldn’t be easier to apply and get started.
So, whether you’re looking to gain new skills, boost your employment prospects or change careers, we’ve got a course for you. Take a look at our range of online courses below.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
Available Flexible Learning courses
Upon receipt of your completed enrolment form, we will contact you to conduct a telephone introduction and initial assessment that will enable us to get you started on the right course for you and provide answers to any questions you may have.
You will then be assigned to a tutor and will be ready to receive your work materials, online and paper-based.
Please note: You may only complete one course at a time.
From August 2019, funding decisions for education will become devolved to local government in several counties of England. This transfer of funding from central government to combined authorities has created fundamental changes to areas that we as an education and training provider can operate in.
We regret that we are no longer able to provide Level 2 courses for free, to the following combined authority areas: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and West Midlands.
If you are unsure if your postcode falls into one of the five combined authorities, please email email@example.com and we’ll be able to help you.